Hi, internet people!
I’m not much for long winded stories so I’ll just say that I’ve had a rough time the past year or so. I dearly missed blogging and engaging with planner community (even though I never stopped lurking). Things that are different now:
- I FINISHED MY UNDERGRAD! My convocation is in 4 days! Still having nightmares about homework.
- I get to read for fun now. I’m currently working on The Sexual Politics of Meat by Carol J. Adams. I will post my reading wish list at some point. I’d love suggestions if you have any!
- On that note, I’m currently transitioning from being pescetarian to vegan. Wish me luck.
- I really like my job and I’m hoping to get a permanent position.
- I’ve gone down the fountain pen and ink rabbit hole. My current daily is my Sailor High Ace Neo with Private Reserve Ebony Blue
- I’ve read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up twice and I’m in the process of KonMari-ing my tiny apartment.
- I’m a Starbucks person now. I even have the fancy gold card with my name on it.
- I found my perfect day-bag.
- I use a standing desk at home…sometimes.
- My bras actually fit me and they are comfortable.
- I’m slowly building my capsule wardrobe and it’s actually really fun.
- →(Biggest change relevant to this blog) I’m a Hobonichi Techo convert! I still have my A5ish Avery Dennison binder for home.
Things that are the same:
- Immigration is still exhausting.
- I sleep in too much on my days off.
- I miss Marylanders.
- I’m bad at wearing heels.
- I love my dogs.
- I have amazing people in my life.
I have to accept that I embody Gretchen Rubin’s concept of the rebel tendency. Part of the reason I’ve been away so long is that I knew that I was not able to prioritize building a blogging habit. I haven’t had the mental energy and I was hesitant to write a post announcing “I’m back!” if I was just going to fall back off the grid a week later.
Tl;dr I’m excited to start posting again but currently I can make no promises about my schedule.